Head of Health & Safety Governance
- Publication date
- UK Wide
- Contract Type
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- United Kingdom
Communisis is an integrated business services company which drives client value through the provision of increasingly digitally enabled solutions for regulated communication and marketing execution. Communisis has built its organisation to deliver on this, with a unique combination of market and consumer insight, customer communications strategy, technology and transformational expertise.
We are looking to recruit a driven, motivational and professional Head of Health & Safety Governance to join us at Communisis. This role can be based out of one our key locations such as Liverpool, Leeds or London and will require regular travel to other locations.
As our Head of Health & Safety Governance you will be responsible for setting the H&S strategic framework, developing appropriate standards and procedures and ensuring these are embedded in the organisation through the appropriate oversight, objectives and clear targets that enable continuous improvement. To embed H&S core values and increase engagement of employees and other stakeholders across the business.
This is great opportunity to have a significant impact in driving our H&S ethos across the business, impact the our continued success of our business and work within a great matrix team.
The Head of Health & Safety Governance role carries responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Communisis has the appropriate policy, process and procedures in place to safeguard the wellbeing of individuals within or visiting the Group:
- Accountable to the Exec Board to provide guidance and advice to ensure the Company complies with statutory obligations and best practice.
- Setting the strategic framework for management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing for Communisis Group.
- Develop, review and monitor H&S objectives and targets
- To embed H&S values and create a ‘safety first’ culture within the Group
- A provider of SME information and technical guidance at all levels on all Health, Safety & Wellbeing matters
- Identifying and advising on current and future Health, Safety and Wellbeing risk identification and prevention models ensuring that the Group maintains its procedures in line with legislative and other relevant requirements
- Coaching, support, H&S leadership guidance to Senior Management & HSE Managers to deliver the company business plan, legal compliance and best practices.
- Promptly informing the company of any significant risk to the business for Health, Safety & Environment matters
- Responsible for the periodic Group H&S performance reports to the Executive Board including outputs of Health, Safety and Wellbeing governance activities e.g. internal audits, external audits etc.
- Oversee HS&E compliance with Government legislation
- Active management and participation in group & external forums to enhance Health, Safety and Wellbeing policy and procedures
- Ensure appropriate training and communication is in place
- Provide guidance on Legislation, Occupational Health & Wellbeing.
- Responsible for Managing change to safe working practices in the workplace.
What You Will Bring
- Leadership experience in a Health & Safety management role is essential
- NEBOSH Diploma or Diploma in Safety Management (BSc) or equivalent is required
- Previous Experience across both office and factory environments with knowledge of international H&S practices within EMEA would be advantageous
- Strong role model for culture change & behavioural safety impact
- Comprehensive knowledge of Legislation and HS&E guidance.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001/27001/9001 OHSAS 18001 standards
- Ability to work at all levels across a matrix environment
- Ability to effectively influence upwards to ensure Senior Leadership take accountability for implementation of the policies and procedures to further develop the ‘safety first’ culture
- Self-Motivated, Proactive leader, highly visible, committed to promoting a positive attitudes, safe behaviour & continuous improvement.
- Restless curiosity combined with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to build solid trustworthy relationships with all stakeholders