- Publication date
- UK Leeds Communisis House
- Contract Type
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- United Kingdom
Communisis is an integrated business services company which drives client value through the provision of increasingly digitally enabled solutions for regulated communication and marketing execution.
Communisis has built its organisation to deliver on this, with a unique combination of market and consumer insight, customer communications strategy, technology and transformational expertise.
Network engineers are key members of the operational IT team. This team is multi-disciplinary with networking, systems, storage and database skills. You are required to provide technical support for incident resolution, pro-active management and change implementation as well as problem resolution.
We need an enthusiastic all-rounder with experience in technical operational support across a wide range of technologies; from Windows to Linux, SAN storage to backups and firewalls to databases.
- To work as part of a technical team operationally supporting systems and networks across the organisation.
- Working on resolution of incidents which have been escalated to the 3rd line technical team for resolution.
- Management of Service Desk work queues ensuring tasks and issues are dealt with effectively and within SLAs.
- Ensuring requests and escalations from users, customers and colleagues are dealt with in a positive, helpful and constructive manor with the end goal being to maintain user and customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with problem determination and resolution and recommending improvements/changes.
What You'll Bring
- Strong technical skills and experience including knowledge of both systems (Servers, Virtualisation, Storage etc), and network disciplines.
- Experience of working within a call logging support environment dealing with incidents.
- You need excellent communication skills, present a strong customer service awareness and be able to liaise with both internal and external service functions.
- Experience of ITIL is beneficial. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of managing service level life cycle elements, such as problem management, change management, configuration management and service level management using an ITIL framework.
- Hands on experience with deployments and the implementation of technical projects.
- Experience in root cause analysis / problem determination.
Essential technical experience
- Fortigate & Checkpoint Firewalls
- Cisco ASA, routers and switches.
- Understanding of Data Transfer protocols including, but not limited to, SFTP, FTP, FTPS, SSH, HTTPS, Connect:Direct.
- Cisco, Checkpoint certifications