SQA Test Manager
- Publication date
- UK Leeds Manston Lane
- Contract Type
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- United Kingdom
Communisis is an integrated business services company which drives client value through the provision of increasingly digitally enabled solutions for regulated communication and marketing execution.
Communisis has built its organisation to deliver on this, with a unique combination of market and consumer insight, customer communications strategy, technology and transformational expertise.
To establish quality standards for the development process and ensure end-to-end test strategy.
The Test Manager is a fully qualified testing expert who assists the Head of Software Quality Assurance in overseeing the control of quality for software solutions and deliveries within Communisis. The Test Manager will normally be assigned to multiple QA project/product steams, and will manage a small team of testers who have a variety of technical testing skills. The Test Manager will report directly to the Head of Software Quality Assurance Test Manager, and will work alongside Project Managers, Product Development Managers and Service Development Managers to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions for internal customers and Communisis clients.
The in-house team of testers will be supplemented by 3rd party providers of test resource. The Test manager will be responsible for managing both sets of resources
- Testing of functional and non-functional requirements using a risk based approach Test planning and estimating
- Continual process improvement by ensuring that quality is built in
- Auditing of external provider test processes
- Instigation and monitoring of Quality Gates
- Defect life-cycle management
- Tool selection
What You'll Bring
- Extensive experience of test disciplines and industry best practice
- Negotiation skills when dealing with 3rd parties
- Good prioritisation and risk assessment skills
- Strong understanding of: Regression, System Integration, User Acceptance, Performance and Penetration testing
- Good client facing skills are required, as interaction with a wide range of internal teams and external clients forms part of the role.
- Good effective communicator verbally and written.
- Able to communicate technical information in a format that’s non-technical to project teams and the wider audience.