Application Support Engineer
- Publication date
- UK Leeds Communisis House
- Contract Type
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- United Kingdom
Communisis is an integrated business services company which drives client value through the provision of increasingly digitally enabled solutions for regulated communication and marketing execution.
Communisis has built its organisation to deliver on this, with a unique combination of market and consumer insight, customer communications strategy, technology and transformational expertise.
Your role will include but not be limited to the following duties;
- Testing specialist applications using pre designed testing documentation.
- Identifying software defects and reporting on them.
- Retesting issues raised from UAT and the service desk and reporting as necessary.
- Any other reasonable tasks/duties, as dictated by business need.
- Receive outputs from Software Engineering and ratify them as appropriate for client deployment.
- Manage release and rollback procedures for client systems.
The role requires strong technical skills and experience, including a general understanding of software development, broad computer literacy and knowledge of both web server management and system management.
You will handle 2nd and 3rd line technical support of specialist applications, driven by 1st line service desk, with some 1st line responsibilities where necessary.
You will also be involved in the deployment and configuration of custom applications and enhancements to multiple environments.
What You'll Bring
- Experience of working within a call logging support environment dealing with incidents.
- Proven track record with basic PC and Network maintenance.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and PowerBI would be hugely beneficial.
- Some Automation experience would be advantageous.
- Experience of Windows Server operating systems (2008 and above).
- Experience using Microsoft Excel as a reporting tool.
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft SQL database structures (2005 and above).
- Advanced Transact SQL (T-SQL) understanding.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS 6.0 and above.
- Understanding of web services including, but not limited to, web protocols and SSL certificates.
- Proven experience of working under pressure and prioritizing multiple customer incidents – ITIL environments would be beneficial.