.Net Developer (MarkServ)
- Publication date
- UK Liverpool International House
- Contract Type
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- United Kingdom
Communisis is in the business of marketing services. We optimise marketing activities by adding loads of value to customer and prospect communications, online and offline. We work with our customers on the planning, creation and delivery of their marketing communications.
The Communisis mission is clear “To Shape The Future Of Customer Communications”. To deliver on that mission we are building a strong, empowered and passionate Technology team to build and support the multi channel marketing products that will power our future.
We are seeking technologists to join our growing Technology Team who can drive transformational change, not those who seek to maintain the status quo. You will be responsible for driving and supporting the development of IT systems across Communisis. Performance will be measured against timely delivery of targets and the quality of the product delivered.
You will need to be motivated by putting the needs of the user / customer first; delivering service excellence and continually “raising the bar”. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing technical specifications for features/new applications and creating estimates for work, from those technical specifications
- Writing and unit testing new software from technical specifications to the required quality and standards
- Understanding the code base for all products and fixing any issues that arise
- Work with the team to identify strategies for stabilising the code base of core products
- Estimating effort for development work
- Strong adherence and assurance of Governance throughout the Project Lifecycle
- Peer review code to ensure standards are met
- Supporting and maintaining existing data processing, e-commerce, POS and other business applications
- Interfacing with the Architecture, QA and Applications Support teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Escalating any concerns or issues, relating to project slippage to the Development/Delivery Manager
- Problem solving, networking & mentoring junior developers
- Any other reasonable tasks/duties, as dictated by business need
What You'll Bring
Broad technical knowledge of software development and experience of the development life-cycle is necessary and must include solid experience of:
• Designing and developing web based solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio, C#/ASP.NET and IIS 6+.
• Designing and developing SQL Server databases.
• Software design & writing technical documentation.
• Additionally, some experience of a broader range of technologies such as C++, Java, MySQL etc.
Any exposure to any of the following is also highly desirable:
• Productivity & quality features within Visual Studio such as testing, code conformance and code analysis tools.
• Software Configuration Management / Version Control.
• Enterprise programming using technologies such as:
- Web Services
- Microsoft Message Queue
• Web application frameworks such as MVC, JQuery and Ext.JS.
• Project Management